Cosmetics..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a job at last! (part 2)

O yes yes yes. I am back again. The title "a job at last" is just there to attract people. It should be named "being screwed" instead. This part of my post is called BEING SCREWED, PART 2.


How do I start this with? 2 weeks ago, I've already given up the BEING-A-TEACHER thingy. So, I went for 3 interviews. Yes, I am still jobless. Why? Because I am being choosy. I have my own reasons for this thingy. I'm having this thinking during weeks ago - If i don't get a job real soon, I'll feel very bad because I am already 20. I can't just sit at home like this every single day. I'm old enough to make my own money for the time being. So, I did not want to wait for 2nd batch of that temporary teaching anymore. I went for another few interviews from different companies. All those jobs that I applied for are more to office jobs. They fancy female workers than male workers. What's more, they fancy PERMANENT people. Well, PERMANENT means ALMOST FOREVER here.


"We will call you next week to tell you the results. Thank you Mr. Chow."
*shakes my hand*


2 of those interviews ended just like that. I was like, very convinced, thinking that I would get a job soon. But came the following week, which was last week. I RECEIVED NO CALLS. NIL. I WROTE MY PHONE NUMBER CLEARLY when I filled the application form. This is life. They just won't tell you anything if you fail to get things. Common sense told me that I was screwed. Had no other option. Had to look for another one. Last Friday, I went for another one, from this law firm. When I was there, that lawyer wanted me to sign a contract for 1 year so that I could stay with him. A CONTRACT. Imagine getting sued from a lawyer for quitting a job out of nowhere. The pay was not attractive. 700 bucks with a big BURDEN. A CONTRACT. A chance to get sued. A chance to star in the reality Prison Break. A chance to be Michael Scofield.





"This is the plan.."



And he did not want to employ me because I was not a LAW guy. What he wanted was someone who was interested in LAW and who was willing to stay with him for a while. Permanent clerk. A clerk that stays forever with him. If I am talking like he needed a wife, then you got me all wrong, my fellow reader.

The climax. It happened in the morning before I went for this law firm interview. Suzanne sent me a text (thanks Suzanne) saying that there was a place for temporary teaching because a teacher named SUGUS was out of service(sold out) due to delivering a human baby recently.




The picture explains it all. You sold out.


Back to what I was saying. So I called the school and talked to CBL again. According to CBL, she needed someone to replace her for about 2 months. I was like "w00t, I can do that!" But the problem was, CBL needs the letter from SUGUS 1st before I can register myself. CBL ended the conversation with "I WILL CALL YOU SOON." This "I WILL CALL YOU SOON" quote is something I will never trust from a boss anymore after being PROMISED 2 times. So I went for the Law Firm interview after that morning. Later that day in the afternoon, I was feeling kinda frustrated because no office wanted to hire me. So I called CBL to ask again; "Sir, are you sure that I am getting the job? Are you calling me next week?" Well, CBL was being such a nice guy, he said "YES". Wooooooooooohooo.


I thought I got the job. So I waited until this Monday(this week). In the morning, CBL called me. I was filled with A LOT OF FRESH HOPE. When I reached school, CBL asked me to fly to PPD(the office) again, to deliver a letter to that FREAKING MR LOH that I mentioned in my previous post. Without wasting anymore time, I flew to the damn office. And BINGO, MR LOW was not around. Ok, I calmed myself down. One of the clerks, I forgot what her name was, not AKMAL, but a typical "ASTRONAUT" suggested that I LEAVE THE LETTER THERE AT THE OFFICE TO WAIT FOR MR LOH TO SEE IT WHEN HE COMES BACK.



"KAMU BOLEH TINGGALKAN SURAT INI DI SINI, SAYA AKAN PASS KAT MR LOH"

The question - CAN SHE BE TRUSTED? So, I left the letter there and called CBL and told her about things. Meanwhile, I went to get a haircut because my parents were complaining like shit about my sleepy look. So, I asked the hairstylist to do it more neatly for me so that I do not look sleepy.

The next day: TUESDAY. 1st thing in the morning, I flew to PPD to see Mr Loh. No one was at the counter. Imagine you're at GSC and no one wants to sell you any tickets to any movies. WILL YOU GO TO GSC BACK ANYMORE? I stood there for a while, then that CLERK came. Alright. The ASTRONAUT clerk could not recognize me. Perhaps it was because of my haircut. But the most important thing now was the letter I gave her on Monday. So I asked for Mr Loh and the letter, she told me that Mr Loh would see the letter later. And Mr Loh was going to leave to check things out at some school. Without wasting any time, I rushed in there to see that Loh. That PKMCB told me to get the letter from the clerk. I went back to the clerk, the clerk said that the letter was at his cabinet. I went to PKMCB LOH again, he said he wanted the letter. So, I went to that clerk AGAIN, she sounded like the letter was at somewhere which she could not take or something. And then, where else did I go? of course back to PKMCB again. PKBCB ASKED ME TO GET THE LETTER FROM HER AGAIN. WTH is with THIS WOMAN? So I went to asked from her saying that LOH ORDERED HER TO TAKE THE DAMN LETTER. 2 MOFOS HERE WERE PLAYING MONKEY WITH ME. I FELT LIKE SMACKING THE HELL OUT OF THE BOTH OF THEM.

Next, when I got the letter, LOH said that I COULD NOT START WORK YET until I receive a call from one of his clerks. And he mentioned that AKMAL was not around today. Because AKMAL THE SHE-MALE WILL CALL ME ONE OF THESE DAYS. THE LATEST BY FRIDAY. CAN YOU TRUST THIS she-male AKMAL? if she does not call me this time, I am going to be screwed again. HOW PATHETIC THE SYSTEM IS. Next, LOH mentioned that I should "GET READY" with my hair 1st before I started teaching. I DID NOT LOOK LIKE SOME ASSCLOWN or PUNK, and he made this remark on me. Guess I have to ask him where he cut his hair. I wonder if he steps in the class, the students will ADMIRE him or SLEEP straightaway. I WAS VERY UNHAPPY WITH HIM AND HIS MANAGEMENT after being screwed for so many times. I changed my look from PETER PETRELLI to PETER PARKER already. AHEM! I am not saying that I look like either of them. But I did not look like some punk. Let's insert a little Lingam-talk over here - EGO MR LOH LOOKS LIKE A TEACHER, SOUNDS LIKE A TEACHER, BUT IS HE A GOOD TEACHER? Is it so demanding to be a temporary teacher for just bloody 2 months? Let's hope that I will get that call soon and start my work. Screw Loh and his crew. I hope I did not sound like some kid complaining. But this is off my patience. 1st, a chance that gave me hope for a job and it all ended like this telling me that I was not in the 1st batch. Next, being a person delivering letters AGAIN AND AGAIN and got criticized for looking bad. WHAT ELSE DO THESE MOFOS WANT FROM ME?

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home